Anyone who can draw plans to building regs......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone in the west midlands area interested in earning some cash in hand?

Looking to convert half of my garage into a utility room with down stairs wc. Anyone interested in doing the drawings with all the regs???

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I can do it remotely from up here in Leeds. Wouldn't need planning approval unless you're altering the appearance externally + you could do the work via a Building Notice tbh. It doesn't sound a big enough job for drawings + full Building Regs application.

But if you really want to go ahead, all I'd need are measurements + photo's.

But if you really want to go ahead, all I'd need are measurements + photo's.

Bit difficult doing cash in hand by email .. unless it "Paypal in hand"

And remember to check with planning to see if there is an existing condition preventing a garage conversion

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice woody.

wolves999wolves, my email is *************. We can discuss everything in detail once you've e-mailed me.

Im building an extension that doesnt need planning permission. Has anyone done their own plans for Building Regulations???

Never did get that e-mail from wolves999wolves.........what a joker :rolleyes:

Alarna, I'm not gonna bother offering my services again after getting shafted by the joker above, but you're saying you don't need Planning Approval? I presume it's under Permitted Development guidlines then?

If so, ensure you get a Certifacte of Lawfulness, if you're gonna get Building Regs drawings done (even if u do them :LOL: )......you could use them to obtain the Certifcate also?

Just cover all the bases mate?

Thanks! I submitted rough plans with sizes etc to the Planning Dept and I got a letter back confirming that I dont require permission from them however I need to submit plans for Building Regulations now but Im getting quote approx £600 which I thought was a bit expensive and wondered if people ever do them on their own.

Im also unsure as to whether I should go for a full plan application or just submit a building notice

Go for full building regs.. cost difference is minimal..

Yes you can do your own plans/calcs/design/details etc but may end up costing you more than £600.. depends on how confident you are with building regs..

It's good you have it in black + white that you don't need Planning Approval.

Agree with Static......£600 for Building Regs could be reasonable, what type / size extension is it?

its a single storey 6.8m x 3.8m lean to roof with velux windows. Is that what I should expect to pay really then?

I would have thought you could shave a couple of hundred off that.. assuming it doesnt cover the submission cost..

But you get what you pay for, cheap plans often result in many many questions from the builder and costs involved in waiting for answers etc..

You dont need a full architect a technician can do simple extensions and normaly are cheaper..

Again agreed......I'd be looking at £400-500 for that (excluding all Local Authority Building Regs plan + inspection fees obv).

I'd only be asking for that much as everyhting has to be drawn from scratch. Normally you draw Planning dwg's + then add the relevant details for Building Regs......hence I'd normally charge less for the Building Regs dwg's.

I left the e-maill add on there for a few days, was told that he'd contact me but never heard anything from him afterwards.

I then went back on2 the forum to delete the e-mail address. Consequently he never queried it / chased me on the forum......pretty conclusive really. If your not interested at least have the courtesy to say 'no thanks'.

Hence.......what a joker ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back