AO "Exclusives" (I'm looking at their Stoves and Belling cookers, but AO Excl. general advice too)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm in the market for a new cooker. There's a Belling and a Stoves I like, both of which are on AO at amazing prices, and both of which are AO Exclusives.

I wondered if anyone can tell me a bit more about these AO Exclusives? Are they models made specifically for them? To a cheaper specification? Or are they simply a renamed product of a model elsewhere (and if so, why do they do it and how do they sell it so much cheaper)?

As the title suggests, I'm interested to know more about this generally, so it doesn't just have to be about cookers or kitchen appliances.

But more specifically in my case, I'm a little worried about spare parts in the future. Being an exclusive, will spares be available a few years down the line?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't know the answers to your questions, but would love to know myself. But what I do know that many retailers have some these if branded products specific to the retailer, e.g. Euronics, Currys, b&q. I wonder whether it is typically the same product rebranded to the particular shop, always under different product codes.
We bought last year such a fridge freezer that seemed so reasonably cheap that I put the worry about spare parts aside, and in the hope that the brand does not want to tarnish it's reputation by selling lower quality lines through the retailer exclusive range. But I got no proof to support or reject this hypothesis.

Belling & Stoves are both owned by Dimplex so maybe if you rang them they would advise of any exclusive differences.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back