AOSMITH or Lochinvar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does any one have any direct experience with these hot water heaters?

I know that AOsmith have now pruchased Lochinvar, but it seems they are mainly used in the USA, so cant really find any forums/installers with direct experience...my concern is the reliability issues that alot of americans complain about ....

Any one ever installed these?

Sponsored Links
A O Smith for me, most important thing is to make sure the anodes are changed regularly if not the cylinder will rot through also the turbulator has to be checked too so flue has to be detachable. Generally very reliable and can give years of service.

What about Andrews?

Why are you enquiring about these? They are mostly used in launderettes, hair salons and large restaurants.

As far as I am aware there are no condensing models.

Tony

What about Andrews?

Why are you enquiring about these? They are mostly used in launderettes, hair salons and large restaurants.

As far as I am aware there are no condensing models.

Tony

I know Andrews supply condensing water heaters Tony, as we fitted one last year. Not sure about the others.

Sponsored Links
ALL of the water heater Co's are making high efficiency condensers these days, TBH they are all much the same I suspect there are very few makers fitting many badges to water heaters if you get what I mean! ;)

A good alternative would be a Rinnai instantanious unit very economic and very controlable will cope with a high demand too you can also add buffer vessels to the system ;)

ALL of the water heater Co's are making high efficiency condensers these days, TBH they are all much the same I suspect there are very few makers fitting many badges to water heaters if you get what I mean! ;)

A good alternative would be a Rinnai instantanious unit very economic and very controlable will cope with a high demand too you caqn also add buffer vessels to the system ;)

A good alternative would be a Rinnai instantanious unit very economic and very controlable will cope with a high demand too you can also add buffer vessels to the system ;)

I am wondering if this site has a problem responding to postings.

Alex made a few yesterday and I made some the day before!

Tony

You could look at a ACV as an alternative, as said the Rinnai stuff is very flexible but a bit gas hungry if you are not on a commercial meter.

AO Smith also took over State and I believe they are by some margin the largest water heater manufacturer in the World. We've had a few issues with their PRVs some years ago (which weren't made by them) but the heaters have been OK.

All this stuff is going to get a caning if used commercially, you have to keep on top of the cleaning and the anode replacements. One wonders whether the complainants did this?

In the UK State are represented by Johnson & Starley, we have recieved second to none back up from them!! ;)

Just checking, Boilerman2, that was sarcasm, wasn't it!????

Cheers guys, I am off to the ECObuild next week so will try and speak to a few chaps there to make a decision.

They are both quite heavy on the gas consumption however if you want 400l heated up in 21 minutes there isn’t really any other way.

Both units I am looking at are the BFC60 and Ecoshield, both down firing, but the ecoshield has a heat exchanger which the BFC60 doesn’t....

Lochinvar don’t have a warranty of the S/S exchange...so at the moment I am feeling the BFC60

I think you will find that ALL water heaters DO have a Heat Exchanger, otherwise the water would just run out of the bottom!! :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back