apollo 30/50 pilot problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would be grateful if someone could help!! i have an apollo 30/50 boiler that has recently stopped working(pilot wont stay on). I have called my plumber in and he has gone though by process of elimination by replacing the thermocouple, gas valve & Overheat Cut-Off Device. The pilot light will only stay on if the pilot is removed form its location, when it is put back in its proper location it goes out???. It is serviced and tested every year by the same corgi plumber. (i have not touched or altered the boiler myself, i like my house and body parts where they are, i leave it to the corgis!). thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
had these where a gas leak on the union nut below pilot assy catches alight after a couple of minutes then the fumes from this small flame snuffs out the pilot

Hi Mick, thanks for the prompt reply. i will pass the info onto the plumber. i forgot to add on my info that the thermocouple has an 'interrupter'connection. i can hear groans already, sorry. cheers neil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back