Apollo 30/50 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Apollo boiler pilot light will not stay lit permanently. I have changed the thermo couple and the overheat stat but still no joy. I can light it and the boiler functions normally but two mornings out of three the pilot light is out so no heating. Tried to light it today and whilst it will light when I let go of the gas valve out goes the pilot light. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Faulty Gas Valve

Blocked Pilot

Poorly positioned t/lead

Possible circulation problem and o/heat stat is functioning to prevent the boiler boiling up. (Does seem unlikely as pilot will not stay lit now)

When was the appliance last serviced?

David

If not serviced properly, another thing Apollos do is 'blow themselves out'. IOW, when the burner attempts to light up, the flame fails to propagate across the burner, the thing fills up with gas, there's a loud bang from 'delayed ignition and the pilot light gets blown out.
Get it serviced!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back