Apollo Fanfare 50/65 Si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler been working fine for years. Have thermostats on all radiators and therefore no room thermostat. Have Frost thermostat fitted in the garage by the boiler.
It (Boiler) stopped working today and have noticed the pilot light is out. It has a Ignition control Box (402a2131). I have tried the auto igniting sequence to no avail. The extraction fan looks fine and is spinning freely when examined. It is not spinning automatically as it would normally periodically.
Is it common for the IGB to fail? programmer is working fine. Pump was replaced last year.
Any other comments appreciated and any one know any local experts ?

Sponsored Links
It (Boiler) stopped working today and have noticed the pilot light is out. It has a Ignition control Box (402a2131). you quoted
is it perm pilot or is it electronic ignition

But I'm sure it had a permanent Pilot. The pilot start up procedure is automatic and pilot cannot be lit manually (via push type switch). I've had a local engineer call who is to give me a price for a replacement boiler as I thought this may be the best bet, being the boiler is a few years old. HAd a look at a replacement ICB and it's close to £180. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement. I'm sure I would want a condensing unit with stainless steel exchanger, reading some of the posts on here.

Sponsored Links
sounds like a pretty simple air flow problem, it may be that a quick clean out will suffice....when was it last serviced?. The air pressure switch is adjustable but must be professionally checked afterwards to ensure the fan is not running slow.

ICB sent away for diagnosis and / repair. Quoted £1600 for a replacement Vaillant 24Kw Condensing Unit, fully fitted with vertical flue. 10Yr warranty. Does this compare well with others?

Ok...PCB was fine. Had boiler removed and found that the aluminium flue had corroded causing the air flow sensors to shut the system. Any road, it's now been replaced with a Viessmann Vitodens 100...what a change. Bit like swapping an Allegro for a Rover 75...different ball game. Thanks for the input from the forum...

I thik it is rather unfair to compare a Viessmann with a Rover 75 !!!

Its more like a Mercedes!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back