Applying A Lead Roof/Flashing To A UPVC Bay Flat Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
could any double glazing fitters help me on the process of dressing a 4 section upvc flat bay window roof with lead, I have looked at many, some seem to be one piece, to include the pretty pattern part on view from the front, where some have clearly been done in two parts leaving approx 30mm or 40mm over the top of the pretty pattern part, almost as though the pretty part has just been a flat strip around the front with the main roof to follow, is there any soldering involved, also are there any hidden clips holding the lead down? I am a confident DIY (used to be into building years ago) and have just built a complete games room with pitched roof etc. Any help on the whole process of this flat roof would be much appreciated ( it comes within approx 25mm of the underside of the facia which covers approx half the depth of bay roof.
Cheers everyone !!!

Sponsored Links
we have a company local to us called "heavy metal" that specializes in lead forming. you take a template of your roof along to them, and they will form the roof complete with decorative drip and wall upstand.

Thanks for your help,
I just thought that double glazing fitters applied their own roofs to the bays they fit (including the lead finishing), In my situation it would be quite difficult to pre-make the lead roof, as it comes quite close to the underneath of facial board, not leaving enough room to phisicaly lift a roof on !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back