Approx 21mm black plastic water main pipe.

ICF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to break into the main water supply pipe which is black plastic and about 21mm in dia.Do you think that 20mm MDPE fitting would fit this pipe?

Sponsored Links
nope it wont

but you can buy an insert to convert it

try drain centre

:oops: Can you direct me in the right direction there is to much choice on drain centre's wesite :oops:

ICF said:
:oops: Can you direct me in the right direction there is to much choice on drain centre's wesite :oops:

take a sample to your local store

they will sort u out

Sponsored Links
That sounds simple but if I do that then won't the pipe will be to short to re-join back up.

you are going to have to repair it wif blue poly as the black stuff is now very obsolete

so it dont matter do it just as long as you can get a push fit joint on it

This is :eek: very scary :eek: .Will there definitely be a fitting for this pipe size :?:

ICF said:
This is :eek: very scary :eek: .Will there definitely be a fitting for this pipe size :?:
]]

there will be the fitting aint the problem, it will be the insert they may be a bugger

any hoo the old black stuff only came in two sizes so splash out and pick up inserts for both and RObert will be you mothers Brother

What were the two sizes :?:
Will it be a push fitting or a compression fitting :?:

as long as you can get a push fit joint on it

:rolleyes: it sounded a bit doubtful or uncertain :rolleyes:

Go easy on me I'm learning all the time ;)

Yer tiz ;)

blacksw6.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back