aqua-dial scale inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

my plumber has put in a new central heating system with an oil combi-boiler ( worcester bosch) with an aqua-dial combi-care compact scale inhibitor to protect it.

However, it is in the cold feed to the whole house, not just the boiler, so all cold taps come from it.

Is this right/safe??

Chris

Sponsored Links
He picked a matching unit for the boiler. They are both a PITA. It's safe enough, but it probably won't work for long anyway. It's not necessarily safe for the poor so and so who has to change it as they tend to make violent objections. (The aquadial, not the person changing it).

Sponsored Links
At least it's safe.

Many thanks for the replies - within 10 mins!

Don't you think they actually do much then?

Chris

OK, so here I show my ignorance.

Its a house in a new area for us. the water is from a bore hole.

How do I find how hard/soft the water is to worry about the risks of scaling.

Chris

my plumber has put in a new central heating system with an oil combi-boiler ( worcester bosch) with an aqua-dial combi-care compact scale inhibitor to protect it.
That's a pity, since they're a pile of sh*te.

However, it is in the cold feed to the whole house, not just the boiler, so all cold taps come from it.

Is this right/safe?
No. The drinking water should not be fed via the Combi-Care.

That's a pity, since they're a pile of sh*te.

Is this right/safe?
No. The drinking water should not be fed via the Combi-Care.

I find that the combi-care instructions say not to be used on the drinking water.

So:

1, it doesn't do much
2, Annual changes can be a sod
3, There may be a drinking water problem

So why bother with one?
My plumber said not having one could leave worcester bosch not interested if there's a problem under warranty.

If the boiler scales up WB still won't be interested, as would no other manufacturer. All they will say is go back to Aqua Dial for any scale problems :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back