Aqua Panel Or Tiles

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm building a new shower in my en suite and am looking for thoughts/opinions.

My initial plan was to screw moisture resistant plasterboards to the walls, then tile on top.

But someone mentioned ready made aquaboards which are already patterned/coloured etc can just be fixed in place, hence saving on the tiling.

Admitidly, not tiling would save a lot of time and a continuous smooth surface would be easy for cleaning etc.

But is it a bit of a naff option or are there other things to consider.

Any thoughts most welcome....

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Only my opinion but the MultiPanel range is about as good as it gets.....never face grotty grout again!
I’d recommend visiting a builders merchant showroom ( Jewson group etc) that does this stuff and be prepared to be impressed.
John :)

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Thank you. Will do.
Will check out our local Jewsons.
I've already got a shower tray with upstands, so may need a backing layer of aqua board to enable the presentable aqua board to cover the upstand section.
Cheers

How do the panels create a water tight seal when they join at the corners?
I was assuming silicon sealant but guess there's probably a bespoke joining piece you can buy?

Sponsored Links
How do the panels create a water tight seal when they join at the corners?
I was assuming silicon sealant but guess there's probably a bespoke joining piece you can buy?
As printer says, all corner joints - external and internal - are available, as is the kosher adhesive and silicone required. MultiPanel is mighty expensive, but mighty good!
Good luck with your decision and project.
John :)

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back