Tiling Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am replacing the whole of my en suite. I have removed the tiles, and most of the adhesive. The plasterboard looks fine all round, (House built in 1993, not changed before) As they are so good, not damp, wet discoloured atall, am I good to just retile. I have read a lot about Aquaboards, I cant see if they are Aquaboards, I wouldn’t have thought so, but don’t want to have to change the boards as they are completely fine.

Any suggestions before I start tiling tomorrow.

Thanks

Bob

Sponsored Links
Probably too late now but not sure what you mean by Aquaboard but if it’s what I think it is, its just moisture resistant plasterboard but if 1993, I doubt it’s even that. Aquapanel (cement board) or other water proof tile backer board is what you should use, if it’s just plasterboard, (even moisture resistant), I would always advise tanking if you want it to last. Make sure you use quality trade flexi addy & grout not cheapo DIY stuff.

Sponsored Links
Can you use Black Jack for tanking? Anyone know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back