Aqualisa eMotion shower fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

Has anyone heard of, or had, a fault with this model of shower where the temperature dial just seems to break away from the underlying gubbins?

At approx 9 months old the dial gave in, made a plastic snapping noise and then would not control the water flow/temp. Aqualisa did come out and fix it, although I'm unsure what bit they replaced as SWMBO was home instead of me. 3 months later, it's done it again. 42 degrees on number 3 is way too hot for me (SWMBO will disagree) and 33 degrees on number 2 is too cold....

Something tells me we should have fixed our old Aqualisa shower that was getting on for 10 years old rather than get a newfangled thing...

Cheers,

Bob

Sponsored Links
Still under warranty so ask for a proper repair or replace and extension of warranty to cover this fault

Hi Bob,

Same here, had Emotion shower since mid November and appears stuck at 39 on number 3 and 27 on number 2 (only happened in last few days).
Going to open the case tomorrow and have a look around inside but the dial seems extremely loose compared to before. I expect it will need the same part as yours did, and we have the 2 year warranty. Annoying but at least it's stuck on a reasonable temperature so usable for now.

Have to say I find the buttons rather stiff on this model and I have the ability to remove jar tops that the average human cannot, so I don't know how those less able would cope. Perhaps the design puts too much pressure on the underlying gubbins.

I do like the shower otherwise. Had 2 Aqualisa Quartz before, 1 lasted 7 years and the other about 2 ¹/².

Hope you get yours fixed soon and it lasts a bit longer.

Cheers

Dan

Hi, sorry for the delay updating.

The engineer has actually now been out twice, as they repaired it, then it broke again in very quick succession.

Allegedly, since I haven't been here when they've repaired it, there is a grooved sleeve? between front panel and water control valve that is quite fragile. I haven't had the cover off it myself so I can't confirm if it's a separate sleeve or part of the dial.

Since ours has broken a couple of times, and feels like it's going to go again, I wonder if it is the water control valve that is overly stiff. As you said, the dial is quite difficult to turn or grip onto, so I can't see how we're using superhuman strength to turn the dial!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Bob,

We have since had two visits over here from Aqualisa. On the first visit a small cog inside the unit was replaced.

This resolved the issue, however the fault returned three days later.

I called Aqualisa back and they sent another engineer who came earlier today. The entire front panel has now been replaced, and the dials feel a lot smoother with less effort required to adjust the temperature. I got the impression that there may have been a design issue that needed resolving on this model, as the front dial can seperate from the internal dial.

Hope you get a resolution - if your front panel has not been replaced, perhaps give them a call back and ask for it to be done, maybe as a preventative measure.

Good luck, I will post back if I have any issues going forward.

Cheers
Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back