Aqualisa Mixer not as hot as it was.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Aqualisa Midas 200 bathshower mixer which as of late hasnt got as hot as I would like.

I installed it just over a year ago in a hurry when the previous non-mixer bathshower block failed, its always needed to be turned up near full (certianly beyond the point you have to push the button in to get
the last bit) but I didnt think much of it. Now even if its full on its slightly cooler than I would choose as preferance and my girlfreind who has been away for a few months picked up on the reduced temperature straight away.

Dont know if this is an issue with the installation or the unit itself, but as it appears to be getting worse it point to the unit. Sadly I bought it via ebay as it was the fast way to get it delivered and a decent price at £110.

Anyone have any experience with these units, there installation, Aqualisa's customer service?

I have also found replacment cartages, on ebay at around £35, which might be another option?

Daniel

Sponsored Links
I don't know exactly what type of shower this is, but most common supply problems are down to blocked filters in inlet supply.

I don't know exactly what type of shower this is, but most common supply problems are down to blocked filters in inlet supply.
Its a bathshower bar mixer. Ill take it off and look over the filters.

9531.jpg

Daniel

Remember that the water into your boiler is much colder at this time of year so you get less hot water out. Check your boiler settings.

Sponsored Links
Remember that the water into your boiler is much colder at this time of year so you get less hot water out. Check your boiler settings.
This is true, and I guess the first port of call is to clarify the water temp leaving the boiler when the shower is running, but im fairly sure the flow rate is not enough to pull it down below shower temperature. Its set to a target of around 55deg long with the CH.

Daniel

Boiler (Main 30 HE combi) is chucking the water out at the required temp with the shower run, including if i turn it up, 80 odd degrees, with no effect on the shower temp.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back