Aqualisa odd thread to 1/2" bsp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know if there's an adaptor available for aqualisa shower arms to take a 1/2" bsp shower head? The male thread on the arm seems to be unique to Aqualisa (18mm or thereabouts!)

Took a new head and it didn't fit!
Looked like a right nana.

Sponsored Links
They seem to have a conversion kit but I don't know if that helps. I looks like the plastic and metal arms use different diameters.

They seem to have a conversion kit but I don't know if that helps. I looks like the plastic and metal arms use different diameters.

Thanks mate.
I did a fair bit of digging around before posting here.

I rang AL and they wanted to know the model of the shower (it's 20+ yo) plus looks like the valve and finishing kits are not part of the same set. Customer had orginal MI's and the pic of the valve on them were nothing like what they had installed.

So, they have a mismatched kit :rolleyes:

I've now received photos which I'll forward on to AL, just so we can identify the arm thread size, to take a new head.

And before any one says "why not just change the arm" - it's an AL arm that doesn't screw into a backplate elbow, but goes onto one of their special backplates! FFS!!

AL also inform me they don't make an adaptor! Somebody must in this day and age!

Nearest thing that looks like what I need is this (see link) but it doesn't say what the female thread is! I need it from AL female thread size xx to 1/2" male bsp.

IMG_20220824_110937.jpg
IMG-20220824-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220824-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20220824-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20220824-WA0002.jpg

Sponsored Links
Really odd but the following says that that is a 1/2" female BSP

From your image, it looks like an allen key can be used to dismantle it.

Sorry, I bow to your superior knowledge but is it possible that you over looked that? By that, I mean did you undo part 17 and leave it attached to the head?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back