Aqualisa Quartz gone mad!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to look at a Aqualisa Quartz (pumped)shower today.

When power is on (but control button off) It makes a noise like the pump is turning slowly and sounds like air is in the unit.

If you turn it on at the control it works fine and sounds normal.
But when you turn it back off it makes this odd noise again,and needs to be turned off at the fused spur to stop it.

I have disconnected each control wire end and refitted in case of bad connection
The is definitly no air in there.
Water is getting there ok

Anyone had this? Sounds like a problem with the pump units electrics to me.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
had a few do funny things when not being used. changed the pcb's and been ok.
not saying its the same fault on yours.

have you had the top off while its happening ?
is it warm as if pump is trying to operate ?

Not had the top off,but sounds like pump turning slowly

Best description i can think of is it sounds a bit like a washing machine when it spins slowly just after fill up

Did not realize you could change the pcb,not had trouble with one before except under warranty

Sponsored Links
Did not realize you could change the pcb

don't think you'll get them off aqualisa.
but i got them off the bloke i get most of my showers off and i think he can get the bits being an approved stockist.

but then i have had parts that i can't get and like aqualisa will tell you its a new unit needed.

when you take the top off look at the small pcb look at IC1 & IC2 that drives the pump they fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back