Aqualisa shower failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello please can anyone advise me on what to do with my shower which has stopped working.
In the shower cubical is a casing containing a motor and a pump, up above in the roof space is the transformer and the water is heated elsewhere in the main tank.

For no reason the pump has stopped working, I've removed the outer cover of the casing and can see no reason for the motor to have stopped. If I switch the electricity off at the mains and run the shower the water comes trough ok and when I run it again with the mains on there is a noise from the motor/pump unit which leads me to believe the transformer is working correctly.
Would it be possible that the bushes in the motor have burnt out? There is no burning smell at all.
I'm not working at the moment and can't afford to buy a new unit or to employ a plumber.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards Brian
Ps: It's been suggested to me that the problem could be the pump itself has grit or something in it, can anyone say is this more likely to be the problem rather than the motor.
Thanks again for any reply.
B

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/aqualisa-shower.206808/#ixzz3dEC7HCJk

Sponsored Links
B, the pump could have burned out (bushes/armature/windings) or the impeller/spindle could have gone or has jammed.

Won't be able to tell without isolating and stripping down I'm afraid.

Okay, cheers Rob and thank you, I'm emptying the main tank as we speak. I'll post back how I get on.
B

Well that attempt to repair was short but sadly not sweet.
When I tried to remove the four screws on the main dial (on/off knob) the top two came out after a bit of perseverance, but the bottom two both were corroded to the point of being unremovable.
So I abandoned any farther attempt, replaced the top two screws and replaced the casing.
Now I'm off to eBay to look for an "Aqualisa, Aquastream" on the cheap.
Thanks for your help Rob.
Regards B

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you have a drill Brian, drill the heads off the bottom 2 screws, that will get the front plate off, then use a pair of vice grips to get the bottom 2 out of the housing, then match the top 2 machined screws at one of the sheds.

Don't buy a complete new shower that might be dodgy anyway; you'd be much better off fixing what you have. If it's the motor brushes you won't need to spend more than about £10 for replacements

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back