Aquapol Disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Some roofers painted on some Aquapol onto a parapet on the roof last year.

Within about 9 months it was peeling of and damp is coming through.

Well ... I don't know what went wrong. They didn't prime or seal the parapet first it would seem.

What should I do now ? Here are some options ?

1. Just put some more Aquapol on

2. Put some of Aquapol's Sealant on what we've got ... and then a top coat of Aquapol

3. Get a wire brush and scrape down the parapet as best as can be done ... and then put Sealant and the Aquapol on top

... what is the best thing to do ?

Any advice pleasse

Sponsored Links
Acropol should only be thought of as a short term solution it is not a permanent material.

In your previous posts you were advised of long term solutions which although being expensive are do once and forget it.

Indeed. However in conjunction with the neighbour who would have to share the estimated £1800 cost to re-render ... we have decided to give the Aquapol a go.

Frankly I personally know it is just a matter of time ... however 2 other people are involved in paying for any work ... so it's not down to me.

And also frankly it's a 100 year old house. I think we have to accept some degree of "maintenance" otherwise we will just rebuild it.

Sponsored Links
Acrypol has its uses! primarily as a temporary patch repair compound.

Its not designed to be used for applications such as yours.

You need to get together with your neighbours and get it stripped and rendered properly.

You'd have been better off with a few coats of masonry paint.

We have agreed with the neighbours to get it striped and rendered.

Can anyone give me an idea of what a realistic price is for it ?

Anyone recommend someone good in the Brighton / Worthing area ?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back