Aquarius Washer Dryer WD61

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to this forum again! My WD61 has developed a new problem. Last wash was fine - it was a load of towels and they had spun very well. I put in the next wash and the machine filled, clicked its way quietly throught the programme, drained, but did nothing inbetween. Suspicion falls on the motor obviously, but can anyone help with what to look for, in case its a fuse or something?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Me again :p About the only thing that you can do is to remove the carbon brushes from the motor, and check them to see if they are worn out...certainly it would seem so from your description!
The brushes (typically) are in plastic holders at one end of the motor, and there are two of them. New ones come spring loaded, ready to go straight in. Often the greatest problem is actually accessing the motor itself.
John :)

Hi again, thanks for replying. I took the back off the machine and the fan belt had torn and come off - I suppose I should have looked before posting here. I've ordered a new one and hope that the motor will be ok. I'll get back on here if the belt doesn't solve the problem.

I'm sure that will sort it! Sometimes these belts can be very tight to get on the pulleys, but do stick with it - and 10/10 for getting stuck in. People like you get my vote ;)
John :)

Sponsored Links
Yes, the belt has does the trick, but having the back off the machine has revealed a couple more things. One, there is a leak at the bottom of the teardrop shaped tank to the right of the back of the machine. Is there a gasket under this part that can be replaced? Also I can see that there is a lot of purply dust throughout the machine and on the ground. It's the same colour as the concrete weights so I'm guessing this is where it comes from. Is it usual for this dust to form? Does it matter?

Make sure the weights are tightened up otherwise they will fall off , the leak is coming from the seal on the condenser remove it and clean the scale off it. But dont beak the condenser or teardrop as you call it cos it's obserlete you can get a replacement seal.

my wd61 fills up ok but then dosnt go on to wash cycle it spins and drains if i advance the dial manually checked the belt its ok and when operatining i can here a clicking sounds from dial area but as i say dial not advancing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back