AQUARIUS WMA58 DRUM NOT TURNING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Aquarius WMA58 washing machine. The drum has stopped moving its seems to be doing everything else still. Its was making a different noise from usual before it stopped working. I have put it onto a spin cycle and I can hear a noise still as if it should be spinning I'm not sure if it is the motor still working.

Would any one have any ideas I don't want to throw it out if it could be repaired. I have looked and it will cost £330 for a new one.

Any comments would be appreciated

Thank you Tracy

Sponsored Links
remove rear lower cover, moter is in font of you .check see if the belt is off otherwise could be the brushes .

Hello

Thank you for replying so quickly I'll have a look when I get home. Would the motor still move or anything if its the brushes?

Thank you Tracy

no it wont move if brushes gone .could be belt off was it very noisy on spin before .if yes poss bearings gone and knocked belt off if thats the case not worth repairing .

Sponsored Links
Hello

Yes it was a bit loud,

Thank you very much for your help
Tracy

Hello

Belt in place still, hasn't emptied out the water either. The lights are flashing in a running sequence on the front which is a bit strange think it might of had it lol

Tracy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back