ar or id

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
boiler with insufficient clearance ar or id

going ot take pic of this bit, cupboard blacker than ****erkintay and his fellow slaves, really cant tell if the house has been in a fire or not at one time or another but thats how it looks almost as if its been painted on with a dish cloth.
no residue on wiping it.

boiler showed on inside of cover spillage and also rustic water mark on one side, these ive wiped clean to check for further signs of spillage but no sign of spillage around fan and areas that are likely to show such signs ie compartment door external n internal no soot build up at fan just on inside of external casing.

black area may have been on cupboard door though wiped clean months ago with no further signs of blackerning. internal walls of cupboard very black.

applaince is roomed sealed boiler vokera linea 24 and does not have the clearance to teh front...... sides top and bottom are fine is this ncs as its already installed or ar/id

i know due to signs of spillage it would be id however the spillage on walls is not comparible to that inside teh boiler

Sponsored Links
Insufficient clearance I would put as ncs.

If you doubt the black marks and cannot prove beyond doubt whether it is spillin or not then I would ID.

thanks dave,

i would myself id for signs of spillage hence rectification to seals, but am incliend whether boiler may have long term defect that may cause such blackening of walls to the state that it is.

i am to look at flue system due to length and bends up then across then up through chimney to terminal.
is their anyway to do a spillage test and flue flow on a room sealed boiler?

Its not an approved test but it sometimes helps to allow a smoke pellet output to be sucked into the air inlet, as far as possible with the fan running but not the burner.

Best to view it in low light.

Tony

Sponsored Links
how do i get fan to run without appliance allowing gas or igniting burner

Its a negative pressure boiler therfore extremely unlikely to leak combustion products.

Furthermore room sealed appliances rarely suffer from poor combustion since they "breathe" nice fresh air from outside.

The marks are probably just dirt from convection currents runnning up through the compartment.

Just NCS.

Its a negative pressure boiler therfore extremely unlikely to leak combustion products.

Furthermore room sealed appliances rarely suffer from poor combustion since they "breathe" nice fresh air from outside.

The marks are probably just dirt from convection currents runnning up through the compartment.

Just NCS.

I told a customer that just yesterday....she said she dusted everyday and i was talking rubbish :rolleyes:

some people just won't be told :evil:

room sealed appliances rarely suffer from poor combustion since they "breathe" nice fresh air from outside.
Yeah that's true but... (and I have a hangover so bare with me....), I know this is unlikely, (but there does seem to be quite a few joins in this flue. See Below), I'm just wondering whether the flue might have a small amount of damage or even a joint!!!! 'inside the chimney'. If the Chimney wasn't swept, and there is damage/loose joint in the flue, the fan 'could' be pulling soot from the chimney. Not sure but just a thought guys.
i am to look at flue system due to length and bends up then across then up through chimney to terminal.
is their anyway to do a spillage test and flue flow on a room sealed boiler?

are you sure its not from the previous appliance?

id be surprised if the linea was the culprit, even with a flue joint missing ive only ever seen mild baffling on them.

i would put it ncs for the clearance and forget about it after doing all the necessary checks......particularly fga.

not sure of previous appliance house under new ownership, concern would be that applaince wasnt maintained or had sufferes major fault or products cooling before terminal i suppose.

given the current conition of heating system rad ends showing signs of heavy deteriation and leaks, low water pressure to entire house hot 4 ltrs cold 8 lts and a unacccessable stop cock valve somewhere :rolleyes: ive had no alternative but to think well errrrr bodged, missing& loose screws securing chasis to wall only one screw via drop down panel to secure cover, poc and of course the earth bonding well that kinda just pokes into the air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back