Are pipe saddles vital?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to change the pipe saddles so I can erect some pipe covering which hopefully will then fit as I will be using products from same company. Do I assume correctly that I undo the central screw and manoeuvre the old saddle from behind the pipes? would this be relatively easy? Alternatively I would prefer to do without them ! are they vital for the pipe support? The pipes follow on themselves so I do not see why it should be a necessity?

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean can you remove pipe clips and not replace them?

You can but that will leave the pipes unsupported! They aren't for decoration!

There are different types of pipe clips (I've only seen them called saddles in electrical conduit terms but I assume you mean the clips)

Some are bulkier than others and have protrusions at the top as well as having a fold over clip at the front. This type can be replaced with the basic double pipe clips which just look like a 2 thick Cs and has no front.

What type do you have?

Sponsored Links
I you use a specific type of clip, Talon is one make ( other types are available :p ), then you get a clip on plastic cover that pop on to them to enclose the twin pipes.
Yes, undo the old one, slip from under the pipe and replace with new ones.
Yes, they are needed.

There are different types of pipe clips (I've only seen them called saddles in electrical conduit terms but I assume you mean the clips)

Some are bulkier than others and have protrusions at the top as well as having a fold over clip at the front. This type can be replaced with the basic double pipe clips which just look like a 2 thick Cs and has no front.

What type do you have?

Thanks, I now have Talon clips (double saddles) and cover so hopefully all will fit nicely !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back