Are Plumbworld normally any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just ordered a few plumbing bits + a shower and a shower door from them I've found that they've forgot to send the shower and the door is damaged.

Not really a good start with using them as all I've got to show is 2 very expensive isolator and check valves....

Have I just had bad luck with them or is this thing kind of normal?

Sponsored Links
Can't speak for all branches but my local one is ***** useless - out of 9 items ordered for a shower room refit they managed to c*ck up 3 - wrong cabinet, wrong shower & missing parts from another item.

Next nearest branch didn't have any 28mm Cu tube in stock but could get it for me in three working days!

Based on my local ones I don't know how they stay in business.

Even worse is City Plumbing.

I'm coming round to the same conclusion. think I'll be returning the dodgy door and asking for a refund before going elsewhere.

To be fair - I think the damage looks like the doors been dropped on a corner which is more than likely to have been the carriers.

I'll be off to TP tomorrow morning as I've discovered they sell the same shower that I was after and hopefully will have a door thats in one piece to go with it.

Sponsored Links
Recently fitted a Heatline combi in my Brother in Laws,which he ordered from said people
What a load ofold s***!!!
Parts missing were;
Flue elbow,pre plumbing jig and user manual
Dont know how they stay in business

Plumworld are carp. :evil:

Fitted shower screen and tray. (tried to fit )

Screen fitted that well that the customer had to buy mop and bucket to dry bathroom floor.
Tray had more rock than a rocking horse.
Oh and shower instructions were really good, no bloody address or tel No.
Phoned Plumworld and they said send items back, and they would send out replacement. P&P would be down to customer.
Plumworld would not pay us for the time we wasted, but the customer had too. :cool:

Loved the cloak room basin, taps and W/c, made in UAE by some Egyptian mummy, designed to fit curved walls, and pop-up waste that did everything but pop :confused:

W/c.
Cistern level pan out of level
Pan level cistern out of level
Plumworld said send items back, and they would send out replacement. P&P would be down to customer. :eek:

Now when a customer says they have bought the material from Plumbworld we charge double normal installation price, and inform customer that we will not take any responsibility for premature failure on the shiite materials that they bought.

We only installed these carp bathrooms because installation was priced with a heating system that we supply.

If a customer asks us to price install only we laugh and tell them in a nice way to get stuffed.

Plumworld is a bloody joke, along with other suppliers of cheap substandard imported plumbing suppliers.

Well thanks for all of the replies - I've just sent a ranting email back basically saying stuff them and give me my money back.

I think I'm just going to give up trying to buy anything at all for the next month. Amazon deliveries can't find me at work (a bloody great big office with it's own post code and royal mail still can't find it), 3 attempts at getting b&q to actually do something and find me one of their products which they don't actually seem to stock, just display and the normal tesco deliveries are now averaging 1 in 3 items I order actually being correct.

About the only people who haven't recently ****ed me off are a local builders merchant near me who never fail to get what I need and pronto along with seriously good advice. I think that says it all for world we live in at the moment. Just a shame they quite honestly said they couldn't get mixer showers...

Find a decent independent plumber merchant - and ask them for help & advice

internet is a wonderful and mostly cheaper option but you cant see and talk to anyone. Get down your local merchants and you should be able to see your items in a showroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back