Are push-fit plastic connectors SAFE to use for BATH TAPS ?

when using plastic pipes has anyone ever had major condensation form on them? I only ask 'cos I have just wiped clean masses of condensation ( small bubble type formations) from my inlet pipe to my water softener , I first thought it was a leak but this is not the case.
The condensation does not occur after the water softener??
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You don't get it in the summer do you? You'd get it with copper pipe too. It's all to do with physics. Water coming out of the ground is cold, so it's no surprise.

But why don't you start a new topic instead of hyjacking an existing one? Causes less confusion.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies , sorry to hijack the other post , I'm new to this game!

I got A level physics so I guess that it down to cold water in the pipe meeting warm ambient air in my downstairs cupboard giving me the problem , I will now put some form of insulation around the pipework.

Cant change the softener as it has been installed for 12 months and giving me superb performance

I've been mentally "collecting" instances of leaks from pushfit . THere have been cuprofit, speedfit, hep, polyplumb and tectite, plus a couple of others I didn't recognise. NONE of them were because the pipe wasn't pushed in far enough. Haven't see a leak from a plastic pipe in a metal compression yet though.

well i fitted a new bathroom 10 months ago, left the panel off for 3 weeks to check for leaks, no leaks. job done. NOT, we now have masses of damp on the walls in and around the bathroom, when i investigated, the plastic fitment on the bathtap is gushing water, god knows how long this has been going on for, but i think your talking 000's to put right now !!!

when using plastic pipes has anyone ever had major condensation form on them? I only ask 'cos I have just wiped clean masses of condensation ( small bubble type formations) from my inlet pipe to my water softener , I first thought it was a leak but this is not the case.
The condensation does not occur after the water softener??
Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back