Are you the honest plonker, Steve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Linky

Bungling supermarket bosses have mistakenly paid an employee more than £1 million in wages.

Shocked Co-op employee Stephen Foster first discovered the blunder when his pay slip showed the firm had paid him £1.4 million.

He was even more surprised to find that when he checked his account at a cash machine, his balance had rocketed to more than £800,000.

But honest Mr Foster, who works at the Co-op's regional distribution centre, in Birtley, Gateshead, contacted his bosses to alert them to the mistake.

He did not touch a penny and within hours the money had been repaid. Mr Foster's honesty has been rewarded with a crate of Budweiser beer.

Co-op cheapskates... ;)

Sponsored Links
hardly fair is it..
they paid him £1.4 million, but his account only went up by £800K?.. was the rest tax? and did they get it back from the government?

just think,if he had kept it(i bet he thought about it ;) )and got caught he wouldve no doubt been banged up for about 15 years for fraud,
but i agree about co-op being a bunch of tight wads,i bet the beer was on special aswell.

Crate of Bud, £10 in the ASDA!

Sheezzz!

(Maybe it only went up to £8k because his pay is so lousy he is in debt, ;) )

Sponsored Links
might have a nice surprise when the account pays interest later?

might have a nice surprise when the account pays interest later?

Bet it wasn't in long enough to register.

Reminds me of when I was serving my apprenticeship.
One of the skilled men should have picked up £120.00
His wage slip said, £1200.00

He kept his mouth shut till the following week when it was discovered. Told the firm he had seen a solicitor who said because they hadn't claimed it back within 48 hours they couldn't do so now. They fell for it.
He managed to keep it. :LOL:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10615175
...Westpac's runaway millionaires are a step closer to keeping the cash after the bank bungled an attempt to recover its losses through the Hong Kong courts.

Leo Gao fled New Zealand in May with partner Kara Hurring and her daughter Leena, after a banking error gave his business a $10 million overdraft.

They transferred about $6.7m before the mistake was discovered and Westpac clawed back less than half...

:D

Also, one of my staff was overpaid £800 last month due to a blunder with a contract change, they are still sorting it now. Not so keen to get this back are they? :rolleyes:

If i was overpaid like that, of course i'd repay it.

It would have to sit in a high interest account whilst my accounting department processed it which could take anything up to 6 months, hopefully not making any mistakes as this may well delay the process further but it shows the willingness and honesty to pay back the sum
and......not forgetting any administration charges including letters sent that I may have to add to the processing bill. :D

Sponsored Links
Back