argi

[quoteI suggested several times in the past to Doitall & Anto that they moved the site elsewhere. That fell on stony ground but what the hell? [/quote]

I wouldn't say that Alan, We were fully aware of the need to develop Agri away from being just a forum, and it has always been our intentions.

As you rightly say with a limited budget, it takes twice as long, and what money we do get is better spent on more important things.

Can I take it from your comments you approve of the new site :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
thank you alane for posting on this subject and putting up an explanation that ties in with facts and can help to explain in plain english that us with limited putin skills can understand :LOL: as for agiles untruths and limited understanding of the web,stick to electronics it is what you understand best :p

Alan, I dont know how you deduce that the statement "came from the hosting company in the US" can be a slur on anyones character.

As you say better deals can often be obtained on hosting in the US. We live in a global economy! Perhaps you were just joining DIA and Namsag in the generally abusive postings towards me which have dogged the old ARGI site in the past. You, Alan, have been on the receiving end of so many of them.

Just in case anyone still does not understand, the reasons why the ARGI.org site was pulled which I posted verbatim was the reply to my enquiry to the host. DIA will also be surprised to learn that I also asked if I could make any payment to get it reinstated.

Tony

Sponsored Links
You know me Tony, say what I think, stop talking c***p and we shall get on a lot better.

Do look at the link I posted.

I looked at the link but dont see anything better that the specific reply I received from the host!

In spite of my offer to pay to reinstate the site and Alan's comment that they often do that to sell a more expensive plan, they did not make any suggestion of any payment. Their reply was based on the usage disturbing their server, strange as that sounds, when only 0-3 people are ever logged in at the same time.

Yes, I know you!

Tony

Just a word of advice to those putting web links on the public areana.

These links that you have so helpfully put on for others to click on to can also attract the SPAMMER, so dont put on a www.etc until you have learnt how to convert it to a proper link .

For instance, instead of seeing //www.diynot.com/forums you would just see click on this "Link" the word would be in blue and would change colour when you pass your mouse over it.

I have helped a lot of SPAMMER,s in my time but at least I now know "not to do it.

Tim

PS. I am sure some kind sole will demonstrate they have a steak of sympathy and they will volentier how to do it.

:D

PPS, That not a slight at Doitall, just a friendly word of advice. ;)

The Baker said:
PS. I am sure some kind sole will demonstrate they have a steak of sympathy and they will volentier how to do it.

sole? steak? volentier?

Tim, I think you need to explain how to do the web site thing!

Tony

Can I take it from your comments you approve of the new site
At the moment I cannot comment - can't get on it!! Filled the form in couple of days ago but so far nothing.

Agile I have to go out shortly so will reply to your comments this evening.

The Baker said:
sooey said:
Are any of the other argi lads on here having problems getting onto the site?

You are all very welcome,

well nearly all of you

TIm ;)

Having given the above posting a bit of thought I am going to change that line,

As gas people who are operating within the gas industry you are all very welcome to join the asociation. Argi will be the better for your input, and you will benifit from beimg part of an association that is trying to get your voice heard in the corridoors of power, where the decisions that effect us are made.

My remark "well nearly all of you refers to any body who snipes away at those who are actualy getting out of their chairs and doing something for the gas industry.
As you can all see remarks complimentry of deerogatree are irelevent to me. I make the "odd" spelling mistake and am grateful when these errors are pointed out.
Its nice to know my postings are getting looked at.

The gas industy "work" is done by caperble spanner men and women, we are not fresh out of university and our grammer may jar but thats just the way of things, real life you might say.

Some one else mentioned that the associations is run by volenteers who hav to work for a living so are not always able to attend to administrertive tasks ASAP.

Alene, your form arrived at "06 September 2007 08:23:31" and I will attend to your application along with the others that are pilling up, this week end, proberbly on sunday as like you I have a crust to earn.

And now a message for those who have not yet filled in the form, for what ever reason, its no excuse. The trade bodies walked out of the meeting where CORGI announce the intro of GWN and look where that the industry, All of us wont get on with with each other all of the time, as can be seen from some of the previous post some times we will fall out

:D

If your point is not getting across then its not neccesserily the recipient who is thick, perhaps the message is not clear.

Tim
Its not getting any of us any where if CORGI can continue to pick off the stragglers, fill in the forms gents, you know it sense.

The new site seemed to already know me and all I had to do was log in and wait for an activation link to be sent to me which was received within 30 minutes.

I did not apparently have to rejoin ???

Tony

Agile said:
The new site seemed to already know me and all I had to do was log in and wait for an activation link to be sent to me which was received within 30 minutes.

I did not apparently have to rejoin ???

Tony

Your god like powers and prescence working again Tony :LOL:

Hi lads just tried to go to ARGI to found some one needs to put 50p in the meter thanks to this site I was able to find the new one

Just like to say that perhaps ARGI could get a grant from CORGI to run a proper web forum not that this type is not ok. But perhaps in the interest of the industry they could part with some off our hard earned money for the ARGI to be more stable perhaps pay for a full time person to run the site and recruit member from the £orgi register
I like to be able to sound off about £orgi some times they get my goat useless bunch of incompetent people
Regards MIKE HAYES
Ho by the way perhaps some one from £orgi is reading this YOU are a bunch of chancers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back