Ariston a1234 DEAD!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem with a friend's washing machine. any help appreciated.
The machine is not showing any lights and does not lock the door etc when closed. Have only checked the fuse in the plug so far and that's okay.
Any pointers beyond this welcomed.

Sponsored Links
Could be caused by any of the following....No voltage at the socket, blown mains suppressor, dippy main switch, pcb failure, broken wiring, dead door switch.

Thanks for those pointers, there's definitely mains voltage on the because I've had a tester on it and it read 240v
I'm not sure how I could determine a faulty pcb or on/off switch. I think I may have to invest in a new door interlock as I can get one from Fleabay for a few quid as a start point and then decide whether it warrants any serious expenditure.

Sponsored Links
Had the repacement door interlock arrive and replaced. Still dead. Had a look around the wiring etc whilst the lid was off and noticed a cable had come loose from a connector, traced it and found it had come off from the door locked indication light. Pushed this back on and the indication light came on to say door locked. Only the door is not locked!!!
THe handbook says the door is locked whilst the light is on and that the door is unlocked when the light extinguishes??
Any further ideas most welcome. I'm beginning to think pcb type issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back