Ariston Combi-Boiler Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have an ariston microgenius 27 boiler which when running hot water alternates between hot and cold. New gas value fitted gas pressures are set. Temperature sensors replaced. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Fitting the gas valve requires a competent home owner or a CORGI engineer.

If you employed someone and they changed the gas valve in the expectation that it would solve the problem then call them back to properly diagnose the problem and dont pay them until its fixed!

To determine the fault it would be necessary to see why the boiler is turning off. That will involve monitoring the temperatures within the boiler and if necessary see if the APS or the DHW flow switch is dropping out .

Tony

I thought this one has a four pipe HE but Paul ( below ) says it has a plate HE! Only went to one last week so it seems I have remembered it wrongly! Must be seeing too many boilers!

If its got a plate, as the MI shows, then it sounds as if its blocked!

Tony

Sponsored Links
What is a four pipe heat exchanger?? If you mean a twin pass exactly how many pipes do you think it contains? Certainly not four.

He means a heat exchanger like the Puma, which has 4 pipes (2 x primary and 2 x mains water), mains water is directly heated by the burner.

Commonly refered to as a bi-thermal heat ex. by the manufactures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back