Ariston Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone could help please.

I'm having a problem with my Ariston Combi Boiler. All was working well until i noticed by water pressure was slightly low, so I manually upped the pressure to its correct value (Ive done this before with no probs). The manual states you should set the gauge between 1.0 and 1.5, but I accidently went over this to about 2.5. Whoops !!

Since then the hot water only lasts for about 1min as the flame just cuts out when runing the hot water. This is the same when turning the heating on, its lasts about 1 min. I have noticed though, that with the heating ON , when the flame cuts out the pump is still working.

Not sure if the water pressure would affect the flame cutting out, but could some please help or let me know if they've had a similar problem :idea:

Sponsored Links
Ariston have probably made about 50 different combi models over the years so I cannot guess which one you have.

In the generality, the low/high water pressure is unlikely to be having any effect on the fault.

It sounds as if it might be a combustion related problem which would need a CORGI to diagnose but with so little information its difficult to guess what your particular problem is caused by.

What happens if the boiler is left after cutting out?

Tony

Thanks for your quick response :D

Sorry I will post the model # when im home later.

When the boiler cuts out when the hot water is on. I've tried leaving the water running for sometime and boiler flame never kicks back in. I have to turn off the water off, wait 30 secs and then restart the hot water. This time the boiler flame restarts (but again only for minite or so).

Ive notice when its cuts out with the heating ON, then the boiler still thinks the heating is on, as the pump is still working (you can hear it) but the there is no heating due to the flame being out. This pump will remain on until i switch the heating to OFF.

Thanks
Chris

From that limited information the fault may be with the fan/APS but they should be investigated by a competent CORGI. Thats less common on Ariston boilers though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I managed to find out the model number.

Its the Ariston Genus 23 MFFI.

Any ideas on this resolving this defect.

Thanks

It's at the point where you'll have to get a corgi in. Some of the possible causes are gas-related.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back