Ariston Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,hope someone may help.

Just moved into a new property (new to me house about 100 years old) The combi boiler is situated in the back bedroom where my son sleeps. We had it tested by a qualified engineers (corgi regd) He did the various checks and co 2 emissions etc. Which we were satisfied with.

The problem lies when we run the hot tap especially in the bathroom (next door) it goes hot and cold, it only really gets any where near hot when you run the the cold tap in the sink, slows the hot flow, which seems to get hotter. I asked the engineer if he had a clue, he tested it and said it must be an electrical fault. He would get back to us.. that was 3 weeks ago. He hasn't been back.

I know the next stage would be to ask another plumber or boiler engineer out but first I would like to research any ideas any one else has so I can put them to the next engineer, it may save me an odd £65 call out fee.

In anticipation.. thanks.

Pete

Sponsored Links
You need to have basics checked first, gas working pressure at meter, boiler burner pressure/settings, gas rate of appliance.

You say you were happy with the co2 readings, but if you are not qualified how do you know the results were good enough for you to be happy with?

If all these are ok I wouls look at plate heat exchanger being blocked on the primary side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back