Ariston Dishwasher flashing light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ariston AFA 350 dishwasher attempts to start a cycle but stops after a few minutes with the first (pre-wash) light flashing. Switching off and resetting does not help- same problem just occurs again- any ideas before I ring a service engineer?? Ta!

Sponsored Links
Not 100% sure because Indesit have so many different error code tables.
Could be a flooded base causing your problem. Check for a leak.

Pull the plug before working on any appliance.

Doh!!!! and they are made by the Indesit Company. Indesit own the Ariston brand as well as Hotpoint

Sponsored Links
Yep, it's getting quite hard to find out who actually made the appliances nowadays. Lots of dishwashers coming in from China and they are an absolute nightmare. They're branded by quite a few companies and are basically derived from older Indesit machines. Horrible things to work on they are.

You should be asking 'why did it flood', did you check for leaks.

Common problem on Indesit. Are you using 3 or 4 in 1 tablets? do you have rinse aid in the machine? If the answer is yes to both then you're overdosing with rinse aid and the machine is overfoaming leading to a flooded base.
As Diyisfun said, you must also check for leaks.

Unplug your appliance before working on it

Well murphys law got me, mine F***ed last night same fault 3rd time. It seems to be when used on economy, but there is no leak I can see. But at least I can resolve the problem.

Nah, both Ariston and Indesit are the same company. Merloni.
They launched the Ariston brand name in 1960 and the Indesit name in the 80's
Merloni has aquired Hotpoint, Creda and a host of other names and the company name was rebranded quite recently to "The Indesit Company".
The Servis brand is owned by Antonnio Merloni whilst his brother Vittorrio heads Indesit.

All the history on Merloni can be found at either Indesit or Ariston web site.

Now, enough from me, knowing this rubbish must make seem a right sad old git. :p

tiredengineer said:
Now, enough from me, knowing this rubbish

.................and on, and on, and on, Ariston, and on....................

I actually worked for Ariston in the early 80's and visited their factory in Italy where they made their machines.
I should have paid more attention at the time and I've might have known more about the company set up, but I was young at the time and other things held more interest.

I do know that Ariston took over 'Colston' who made the 850's washer dryers and the like - or to be correct they had some Italian firm make them.

Now there's a blast from the past. Colston. Didn't they rebadge some Ariston machines? or did Merloni keep the Colston name going for a while?
No idea on this one, wasn't involved in white goods in those days. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back