Ariston Euro Combi A23 MFFI - Diverter Valve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

When servicing the diverter valve, because it is leaking out where the pin sticks out to activate the micro-switch, does the water have to be turned off and the CH system totally drained please?

Many thanks,

;)

Sponsored Links
If you can trust that the boiler valves will function without leaking afterwards, then you can use them to isolate the boiler from flow, return and cold main. Then it’s just a matter of draining the boiler (from drain point which is usually provided).
If you have a magnetic filter close to the boiler then you can use that to isolate the return (which it should be on).

Edit: oh! And open a hot tap which is lower than the boiler. You shouldn’t really have to but it won’t hurt.

When servicing the diverter valve, because it is leaking out where the pin sticks out to activate the micro-switch, does the water have to be turned off and the CH system totally drained please?

Many thanks,

;)
which pin ? if a diverter is diverting hw and ch then don't you think you need to isolate both in your case and only boiler needs to be drained ;););)

good luck :ROFLMAO:

Hello and thank you for your input so far. It is appreciated!

I have attached some images, to help you help me please?

It clearly shows the leak coming from where the micro-switch base connects to the diverter valve.

Any suggestions and instructions please?

;)

Valveleak02.jpg

Valveleak01.jpg

Sponsored Links
no need to turn the cold water supply off, just release the boiler pressure and place a towel and a bowl under it and swap the tail piece in your pic, but clean the spindle well with steel wool before fitting the replacement

Thanks Ian.

I presume, when you say tailpiece, your are talking about the plastic mount/bracket (grey) holding the micro-switch?

If so, please can you tell me how it is fixed to the golden metal diverter valve unit?

Thanks,

;)

no need to turn the cold water supply off, just release the boiler pressure and place a towel and a bowl under it and swap the tail piece in your pic, but clean the spindle well with steel wool before fitting the replacement

Thanks,

How do I swap the tailpiece please? How is it attached to the main part please?

How do I swap the tailpiece please? How is it attached to the main part please?
the bit you undo is in the picture , try looking in the instructions yourself first then you might be a little wiser ;) , a little self help helps a lot to understand what your undertaking

Last edited:
Um.... there are no instructions in the booklet that came with the boiler? (n)

it just unscrews, make sure you cover the PCB housing with a plastic bag and an old towel as some water will come out, not an amount to worry about so dont panic

Thanks ianmcd!

When you say unscrew....from where please? The plastic piece or from the golden colour rusty nut?

Thanks,

Hello again.

I have a little time to devote myself to this problem.
Unfortunately the plastic piece that holds the microswitch was clipped onto the diverter, by a square washer. It has rusted away. I have a new one on order for the end of the week.

So I unscrewed the nut that holds the spindle and gave it a clean. All seems to be okay but that is where the drip is coming from??????
I unscrewed the nut that holds the spring and spindle. Also gave it a good clean.

So as it stands, I can't really see where the drip is originating from?

Any ideas please? Could it be the washer that goes on the spindle's base, as the washer on the main nut seems to be okay?
(The far left washer on the exploded view 362).

Spindle-housing.jpg
Spindle-01.jpg
Exploded View.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back