Ariston Euro Combi ... Heating eventually turns off the syst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Euro Combi. When the heating is turned on all is well for a while ( 20 mins maybe longer) then the red light comes on and the system goes out. It will not light again. I have to wait till the next day.

My Nephew, a corgi engineer, has stripped down the boiler, checked all he can. He now reckons that it must be the PCB.

My boiler is some years old. On the PCB there is the following. CAMER FFI GB COD.951031 and below that (99651031000) 230v. etc.

Firstly do you agree with the diagnosis and secondly where can I get such a PCB.

Looking to hearing from you
Mark

Sponsored Links
Which Eurocombi? Rectangular on/off and heating buttons on right (with a greyish control panel) or round on/off button on right and white control panel.

Hi
i just had the bg engineer out & fitted a new pcb my boiler had similar symptoms as yours
but in all honesty he was not 100% sure that was the problem only on fitting the pcb did he know it was the pcb.
but now all is well good luck.

Sponsored Links
these boilers are quite tired so the various parts making electrical contact frequently over a hard life are now sticking or failing to make proper contact consistently.

It might well be one of these on the pcb (usually the fan relay on the right hand pcb) but it might be a similar device like the air pressure switch out in the boiler. Or it might be something completely different.

For us to transfer our skills over the internet to you would be a miracle.

Your corgi friend isn't necessarily wrong but I can't tell from what you have said how skilled he is.

So you are gambling. But you are making a pretty reasonable best guess. if it's wrong that is the price you pay for not paying an expert to come and decide for you..

your corgi registered contact should know how to identify and obtain the part if he doesn't his dagnostic skills are about as useful as the person who cleans the theatrre is in deciding which artery to clamp during open heart surgery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back