Ariston Eurocombi Overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got an Ariston Eurocombi which is running a small system with only 3 radiators, and 2 sinks.

For a while we’ve had a problem with the boiler tripping out and the overheat LED on. Water is still pumped around the system (cold) and the fan is on. The boiler switches on once you press the button again. But over time its been happening more and more frequently, and now it trips out every time you put the radiators on for more than about 30 mins. The hot water works fine as long as you switch the boiler to just hot water, and not run the radiators on timer.

Also, strangely, if you select both but don’t put the timer on. The boiler continues to fire after the hot water tap is closed, and the radiators warm up for a while until the boiler stops firing. Sometimes it doesn’t trip out when the radiators warm up this way, but occasionally it does.

I’m on that British Gas homecare scheme, and they seem to have tried all sorts. We’ve had the circuit board replaced, the air pressure switch, a new diaphragm, new temperature sensors, made sure there is a bypass radiator – all sorts. But the problem just continues to get worse.

In fact new problems are now starting – when I turn the taps on the boiler starts making a deafening foghorn noise that then vibrates through the pipes and house.

Basically I’m beginning to lose patience with the thing, and gear myself up for replacing the boiler. But it can’t be more than a few years old.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I’m on that British Gas homecare scheme, and they seem to have tried all sorts. We’ve had the circuit board replaced, the air pressure switch, a new diaphragm, new temperature sensors, made sure there is a bypass radiator – all sorts. But the problem just continues to get worse.

Well obviously BG are experts in the field! ( Or so their adverts say! )

Oddly, I dont see that most of those parts they have replaced would have been the cause.

I am sure that on site I would find the problem but not over an internet forum. It needs careful assessment of the operating conditions to determine where its going wrong.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back