Ariston Europrisma - your views

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and gals,

Are any of you able to offer your views on the Ariston Europrisma range of water heaters? I've come across 3 lately that have all developed leaks either from the heater area or from the hot outlet. Is this typical after 2/3 years of service?

Mark

Sponsored Links
Never had a problem with them other than when the dielectric fittings haven't been fitted.

It's an interesting point. One I saw did have dielectric fittings on it yet the leak came from just below the outlet and the threads on the outlet were well rusted. On another it appears Polyplumb hand-tight tap connectors were used, I'd have thought this would have provided the same protection as a dielectric fitting. In this case it was a leak around the heater element.

I'm not sure on the life span of these units but given the life span of the units in I'd prefer a more resilient brand.

I've fitted quite a few and I'm not aware of any issues. Also fitted a few Zip Aquapoints and no issues with those either.

Sponsored Links
The ones I've replaced were all fitted without the full safety group and expansion vessel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back