ariston genus bffi 27

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I have the above in my home and my upstairs radiators have started to fill with air. Or rather, an unventable amount of air has slowly gathered. I've lost the users manual and so don't want to mess around. I'm guessing it's just a matter of letting more water into the system and then venting the air?? Have scoured the net but can't find an online spec/installation manual.

Any help gladly accepted!!!

Dean.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean unventable? You need to pressure up the system via the filling loop by the boiler to vent the heating system-if the pressure falls too low you will not be able to bleed it. So bring it up to just over 1 bar and vent each radiator and keep going back to check the pressure at the boiler. ;)

Having no manual I'm not sure how to bring the pressure up. There are 3 screw adjusters on the 5 pipes going into the boiler but I don't know which one is to allow more water in/increase the pressure.

How do I find the 'filling loop'? I have a manual but can't work it out. There's a central heating inlet and outlet. Are these just part of the sealed system (water out to the radiators/water back into the boiler) or can I increase the pressure by opening up the inlet???

Sponsored Links
Do you see a pair of little plastic taps, blue I think? If not then the FL must be separate - see FAQ for typical one.

Nowt visible. I've not removed the cover at all mind. Why 2 taps Chris?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back