Ariston micro genus 27 miffi external stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I've connected an external stat to my friends Ariston micro genus 27 but the original clock is still in there and will not let boiler fire on heating.

Being an older boiler now he has lost all manuals and I'm struggling to find it online so wondered if you knew if I needed to bridge out any of the time clock cores to make it fire. As you can imagine I don't want to just bridge different wires out in case of a potential problem

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Just leave the integral clock on 24/7 if the user only wants to use the thermostat.
The new thermostat is wired up ok I presume

There is a bit of a history to this one, I did that and it worked fine for a month. My friend got boiler serviced today and since then it doesn't work.

Cutting a long story short wanted to know if we can bridge old clock out as I think the engineer has shorted it out somehow

Sponsored Links
There is a bit of a history to this one, I did that and it worked fine for a month. My friend got boiler serviced today and since then it doesn't work.

Cutting a long story short wanted to know if we can bridge old clock out as I think the engineer has shorted it out somehow. They are sending someone back Monday but it's a bit late.

Cheers

There isn't any need to be sarcastic mate, that's why I've come onto the forum for help with the issue. There was no manual or multimeter at hand and I was just trying to help a friend in need. You clearly know a great deal about the boilers which is great... Again hence the reason in using forums. It definitely isn't left on timed on the clock. Why waste your time posting clearly showing your knowledge but just being an arrogant man?

i just posted a link to the manual :rolleyes: its probably the assumption that it must have been the guy that serviced the boiler when you have installed a stat without bothering to look at the instructions.

Yeah thanks, do appreciate that. Fair point but it has been working and as advice above I left clock in and on and it was fine so now just trying to rectify new problem.

Thanks for your help guys

I find it odd that to start with you fitted a stat and it didnt work, then, after a few comments, a service has stopped it working !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back