Ariston Micro genus losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have the above boiler not sure whether its the 47-116-14 or the 47-116-15 all I know is it has the mechanical timer as opposed to the digi one.

Any way when we bought the house in April I noticed that the radiators were not very warm, on checking the gauge on the boiler noticed that the reading was practically at 0 bar so turned both the little taps onto fill the system. Its been fine until now and once again noticed that the radiators were cold at the top, checked the gauge and it was nearly back down to 0 bar, have opened the valves again and filled the boiler surely I shouldnt have to do this every few months also when both taps are open the left tap drips quite badly is this right and could this be the cause of the problem?

Cheers

Mark

Sponsored Links
Your rads are collection corrosion gas (hydrogen),which a flush and inhibitor should stop.

Your taps aren't involved.

Chris, what is your magic trick to deduct it is corrosion gas from so little information?
When I hear about an ariston losing pressure, my first thought is the prv and possibly flat or dead ev. had one like that today as it happens

Sponsored Links
when you turn the tap on and it leaks is normal for this tap its a design fault.you are loosin pressure either because you have a water leak somewhere and then refiiling the system.or check outside is the prv pipe through the wall dripping if so the pressure vessel in the boiler may have ran out of air and when in use if the bar gauge gets to 3bar the prv opens and the water empties outside if so you will either need to repressurise the vessle to 1.5 bar and exchange the prv as it will always drip .you may have to exchange the pressure vessle if this does not pump up .the easy check on the vessel is put a key or simila into the air fill in the vessel its at the top of the vessel if water comes out it has had it.good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back