Ariston Microcombi boiler problem (A23/MFFI)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a fault with my Ariston A23/MFFI Microcombi.

I've had to replace a faulty Air Pressure Switch 3 weeks ago. Since then a different fault has developed where the boiler switches on but trips out after 2/3 seconds, then restarts and trips out again after 2/3 seconds. This goes on as long as the boiler is switched on.

The boiler is heating the radiators and the water but i need to solve this constant switching on/off problem.

The PCB has been checked by a pro and is working ok, but they haven't ben able to diagnose the problem.

The boiler is less than 2 years old but out of guarantee.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
ailbeb said:
Hi, I have a fault with my Ariston A23/MFFI Microcombi.

I've had to replace a faulty Air Pressure Switch 3 weeks ago. Since then a different fault has developed where the boiler switches on but trips out after 2/3 seconds, then restarts and trips out again after 2/3 seconds. This goes on as long as the boiler is switched on.

The boiler is heating the radiators and the water but i need to solve this constant switching on/off problem.

The PCB has been checked by a pro and is working ok, but they haven't ben able to diagnose the problem.

The boiler is less than 2 years old but out of guarantee.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks. :)

Check air pressure pipes between fan and air pressure switch. Check pipes are connected the correct way round. Check there are no splits in pipes. Check venturi in fan is clean. Does boiler fire ok with cover off if so re-check the above

Flue faults, like coming apart inside, will also cause this.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back