Aritech CD95 engineers code locked in.

Are these Hard to get hold of , how do you connect them, do they work with most pannels?

Sponsored Links
So he knows Initials defaults does he? I could give them, but would probably see a court case. Want Chubbs or BG`s....Nah for the same reason not.

Its a bit of old tat, its locked down. Yes I know we can pull the NVM and read the binary. Anything can control lighting now its called relays and as for outputs, Galaxy links, Cooper Menvier custom outputs. Premiers are pretty powerful too. Close to a Galaxy.

As you said dont believe everything you read, just trust people who actually know what they are doing.

Its not the same code, anyway dont chubb use "pin of the day"

And yes you could pull the EEprom on a CD95 and read the 'Hex' not binary.

As for anything that can control a lighting, it could but its not standard and you would have to bodge a load of relays and then work out how to connect a photcell input to a zone so the light dont work in the daytime, CD95 all built in.

Glad you picked up on the "hex". Was a little tester.
Pin of the day, only on certain panels, but you know that.

It is you Paul is it not?

Why need multiple relays?
Photocell, into zone, easy. Then one output can energise one relay.
Your making it out to be rocket science for a light to come on.
And it is standard, why there are time switches in most panels now days.

Your slipping mate.
Teas on me next time, as you bought the last.
Assuming thats you ehh:D

Sponsored Links
Nope its not Paul, but i might know who you mean.

I did buy last, if you are who i am thinking.

As for the time switches would i still want a halogen light coming on at 9pm in the middle of august, and to use panel timeclocks that are always hours out on service !!

CD 95 great panel, still got some out there.

Well I hope you are with Paul, as using his trading name could be an issue with him :D

Time clocks and photocells would work fine. And end users would soon set the timers right if they thought they were costing more in energy bills. Your obviously not that sure about how to programme them are you. Saying several relays was a bit of a give away really.
A old panel is not neccessary a bad one, but you know there are better out there. Or I assume you do.

So it wont be me you met last time, thats for sure. The person I had time with although as pedantic as myself does know his stuff.

you right, going to delete accoutn and change name.

Wasnt meant to reflect on anybody.

So he knows Initials defaults does he? I could give them, but would probably see a court case. Want Chubbs or BG`s....Nah for the same reason not.

Its a bit of old tat, its locked down. Yes I know we can pull the NVM and read the binary. Anything can control lighting now its called relays and as for outputs, Galaxy links, Cooper Menvier custom outputs. Premiers are pretty powerful too. Close to a Galaxy.

As you said dont believe everything you read, just trust people who actually know what they are doing.

Its not the same code, anyway dont chubb use "pin of the day"

And yes you could pull the EEprom on a CD95 and read the 'Hex' not binary.

As for anything that can control a lighting, it could but its not standard and you would have to bodge a load of relays and then work out how to connect a photcell input to a zone so the light dont work in the daytime, CD95 all built in.

I've been landed with one of these with engineer lockout programmed and no code.
Going on your post I knocked up a reader for this eeprom and have the data. It looks like a hex programme with no obvious character strings. Have you actually obtained the engineer's code from one of these? If so I would be very grateful for a pointer as to where it is.

TIA

Dave

Just hack it off imo, not worth the hassle if you don't have any others on the books

New poster, no clue who you are.

In the string look for a 4 digit code, not many in there,

New poster, no clue who you are.

No problem - www.digitach.co.uk
I make electronic things.
I got involved with this after some cctv work.

In the string look for a 4 digit code, not many in there,

None, in fact - not in ascii form anyway. I have two of these eeproms now and some blocks are very similar or identical, there is a definate pattern.
For the first time I have a keypad and a controller to play with now. I'll try some of the hex strings in it tonight, but I'm not confident the code is going to be that easy to see. It so easy to hide - swap the nibbles, use every other byte etc etc.

My first look at the keypad has given me an idea.
It won't be much of a problem to programme my cnc router to operate the keys. Just find a way to get feedback when the correct code is entered.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back