Arrow Securitech Control Panel Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am looking at upgrading a very old Securitech alarm. I have looked on the suggested sites and not found any manuals other than a sales leaflet here http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/106000.pdf

I am worried that when opening the box I set off the alarm, then I pull out the fuse/power and remove the battery the ringers will have a battery/power to them that needs cutting.

I also do not know if the sensors for an old box would be compatible. Would it be better to install a new wireless alarm?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Only use wireless where not possible to run wires at all. Otherwise wired system is the best solution

Good idea about the changing sensors :)

What are the problem using a wireless system?

Sponsored Links

Many and varied,

Most low cost systems intended for DIY can be dis-abled by jammers bought on the internet for about £20

To reduce manufacturing costs the sensors do not have receivers so they have no way of telling if the panel has received their alarm message. If the message doesn't get to the panel it is lost and no alarm is raised.

Some systems do have two way, if the sensor does not receive an acknowledgement of it's alarm message then it will repeat the message.

The radio frequency used has to be one of the Licence Exempt frequencies which are limited by regulations as to their transmitter power and duration of messages. This is because the frequencies are shared by many other systems, alarms, home automation, car key fobs. Imported equipment although carrying a CE mark does not comply with the regulations and these illegal to use systems prevent others from using the frequency.

Those are the main operational problems with wireless alarms.

There are several more

Also batteries can get expensive

Are you sure it going to be good signal streight between panel and detectors in your house? This is main issue plus good quality wireless cost twice expencive when wired.

Thanks - a lot of really good points !

How do I go about removing the system

My thoughts
put earplugs in
open the box
stop power to box
disconnect backup battery

How can I tell if there is a backup battery in the ringer? If I open the ringer will the alarm go off...

Dazza, you are very lucky!

I have exactly the same alarm - installed donkeys of years ago.
After I tripped the mains I noticed alarm wasn't working. Removed the cover to change the battery (dated May 2002!) and it didn't trigger anything. The mains was off. Had no idea if the outside bell box had a battery in it or not.

Replaced the cover, mains back on, and all ok.
Then switched mains off to test battery, and all ok.

LOL!!

I braved the task, got the ladders up to bell box and betted that the battery in the bell was exhausted.
Switched power off, opened the box, nothing.
Removed the battery disconnected power nothing
Power on nothing!

Now is the task of using the wires to a hybrid alarm - any suggestions welcome :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back