Artex help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guy's i really need some help as to how to get this effect :-

ceiling.JPG

I've been told it's "broken leather effect" but how the hell do i get it??!! I've got to fix up a small patch(1m Sq). I've asked loads of people but everything they say(paint brush in a bag rolled over the surface,scrunched up paper in a bag.........etc etc) doesn't work and results in a big mess!! What i can't understand is the pattern seems totaly random with very smooth parts but with high ridges. An IDIOTS guide would be much appreciated!! (Even down to how thick or runny the Artex needs to be,do you let it go off before making the pattern? Everything i've tried is nothing like the original!!!)

Sponsored Links
I have never seen a pattern like that, it doesnt look like broken leather to me, broken leather is normally achieved by brushing or rolling the texture mix on and they as it begins to dry it is 'laced' with a flat straight edge tool, like a caulking tool.

As fr the mix.....difficult to say really....certanly thinner than you would mix polyfilla, read the instructions on the bag...thats your best bet.

Hi,i foud this on Artex's website :-

texture_broken_leather.gif

Looks almost the same,i can't get my head around what they mean by cover the brush in polythene!! What,stick it in a bag??!! I hate Artex..........

Yep...it looks it you put the brush in a bag...it helps keep the pttern uniform.

Sponsored Links
Any old paint brush or an Artex brush? Looking at Artex's website it looks like you stick a stipple effect brush in a bag? Thanks for any help.....

aN OLD THREE INCH BRUSH SHOULD DO THE JOB

Damn caps lock key!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back