Artex & Wall Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new house but the bathroom is covered in Artex. I am fitting a new Bathroom suite and want to put up tiles around the bath, sink & toilet but as the walls are all Artexed is that going to be a major problem???

Sponsored Links
Ideally you need a fairly flat surface to tile onto otherwise you will be creating problems for yourself getting the the tiles flush with each other. I would think the options are to plaster skim over the artex or use a steamer, like for wall paper stripping and remove the artex if possible. Anyone have any better ideas?

You could dot and dab Aqua-panel boards on the walls which will solve the problem of the flat surface and also give you a good surface which won't rot should your tiling ever let water in .Have a look here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back