artexing a ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ceiling with artex on half of it ,i want to carry on with the rest of the ceiling with the same pattern,the pattern is small round swerly shapes with a little stipply bit in the middle,does any one know how to make this shape and is there a tool i need to get,thanks

Sponsored Links
The pattern you have on your ceiling sounds like it is the "Swirl". It is made with a stippler/texturing brush. It's has rectangular shaped base, covered with rubber bristles, with a handle on it....You can log on to www.belmoretools.com and see them. They are to be found in the "Artex texture and coving tools" department,,,about half way down the left hand side of the home page. Just click on it and scroll down the page to see the differing sizes. Yours might be a 150mm x 100mm, but you'll know yourself.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back