"...As a young Jewish person living in Britain..."

Not all Jews have the same taste in fashion

The Curley Whurlys are a minority most don't stick out like a sore thumb.
They just live like most of the rest of us just getting on with life...

Roman Abramovich
Alan suger
Claudia winkle picker
Tracey Soloman
Niel Diamond
Barbra Streisand
David Baddiel
Lion Britton
David and Ed Miliband

All born Jewish

Sponsored Links
That raises a more interesting question than most people probably realise. It also illustrates the flaw in their all-encompassing definition.

Unless they are wearing the uniform, as you say, then there is no way to tell if a semitic person, or Israeli is actually jewish.

As David Baddiel said on a recent Frankie Boyle programme - even though he does not believe in god, he would still have been a canditate for extermination by the nazis - because of the way he looks.

I learned while in Israel the other year Israel will accept you as an immigrant if Hitler considered you a Jew.

From the first cited article :-
"...According to the Community Security Trust (CST), 1,382 “hate incidents” against Jews took place in 2017. Since the publication of its Antisemitic Incidents Report, this figure has been published in every major outlet as evidence of rapidly deteriorating social relations for Jews in Britain.

But on what basis? Some of the “incidents” reported by the CST seem serious: 76 incidents “targeted synagogues,” and another 145 are categorized as “assaults.” The vast majority of incidents, though—66 percent of all anti-Semitic attacks reported by the CST—are verbal abuse and online slurs. Imagine if we recorded hate crimes against women by the number of misogynistic tweets on the web and catcalls in the street: they would outpace those against minorities in an hour. And yet, for better or for worse, our newspapers do not whip up hysteria about whether women “have a future” in Britain."

CST :-
"...The makeup of CST’s board—solely responsible for the group’s governance and policymaking—is telling. Keith Joseph Black is the director of United Jewish Israel Appeal, which “has been building meaningful connections between the UK Jewish community and the people of Israel” for nearly 100 years. Lord Young is a “patron” of the UK Lawyers for Israel, a “voluntary organization of lawyers who support Israel using their legal skills.” And, of course, founder Gerald Ronson—real estate tycoon and member of the Guinness Four, convicted of share-trading fraud in the 1980s—boasts of a close relationship with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu."
Good old Gerry...;)

-0-

I learned while in Israel the other year Israel will accept you as an immigrant if Hitler considered you a Jew.
I believe the criteria they use is based on the Nuremberg laws.
Although under Jewish religious law there is no concept of a half Jew or quarter Jew ,you are either Jewish or non Jewish.
Under the Nuremberg laws you could be considered Jewish if one of your parents or grandparents were Jewish.
In recognition of the fact that non Jews with some Jewish descent could be victims of anti Jewish persecution the state of Israel will accept these people as citizens of Israel but they won't be considered as Jewish citizens unless they convert.

Sponsored Links
My Aunty married a Belgian Jew my cousins born New York. When they moved to Israel my Aunty had to prove
That she had Jewish on her side of the family if the Children were to marry a Jew. Not the man's but the women's side is that mattered.

She did prove this so my understanding was that I would be eligible... I'd love to live on a Kabbutz
Seems a wonderful way of life

Jewish identity is passed down through the mother, some one can be brought up in a different religion from Judaism but if their mother or her mother was Jewish then they are considered fully Jewish under religious law even if their father is non Jewish.

Back