Ten reasons to hate her

Sponsored Links
I didn't say she was, but by christ she embraced and enabled it in this country. Globalisation obviously has it's advantages for ordinary people but if you think on the whole it's a good thing for the average joe you're off your trolley.

sooey wrote

Yeah she cut the heart out of it, not a very good life saving proceedure

When the heart is diseased and dead the best option is cut it out.

The idea then is to replace it with a good one. What did we get in return for all those manufacturing jobs that got slashed? Well the estate agents did well while it lasted, the bankers are still doing ok thanks very much. The rest of us can try and get a start in mcdonalds or burger king or whatever call centres haven't gone to India.

Sponsored Links
If you want it replaced then pay for it your self. The world doesn't owe you a living.

Best to ignore sooey-- HE thinks the worst of everyone .

He really IS a angry old man indeed..

Guilty until proven innocent--is his motto.

Oh dear pizzpot you were so excited by my open invitation you responded in the wrong thread. :LOL: :LOL: What's it like to be a t*t? :LOL: :LOL:

I didn't say she was, but by christ she embraced and enabled it in this country. Globalisation obviously has it's advantages for ordinary people but if you think on the whole it's a good thing for the average joe you're off your trolley.

So you don't think she was responsible, then go on to say she was.

If you want protectionism rather than free trade, come out and say it, but you won't because you know pretty much every economist derides protectionism.

But please, don't cry how thatcher should have stopped globalisation without admitting protectionism was the alternative.

What did we get in return for all those manufacturing jobs that got slashed?

So again claiming that she was responsible for globalization, or are you going to come up with some fantasy where thatcher physically shut down the factories, that they only closed because of her?

:LOL:

And what you got is what you got, the government didnt create cotton weaving, mining, car manufacturing, steelworks, computers, the internet, banking, shipping etc.

So why is it the governments fault for not creating some new industry to directly replace X.

Lefties cannot into economy.

So you don't think she was responsible, then go on to say she was.

No, I did not, she enabled it by crippling the working classes ability to stand against it in any coordinated fashion. Whether they would have been successful or not is beside the point btw.

If you want protectionism rather than free trade, come out and say it, but you won't because you know pretty much every economist derides protectionism.

I want protectionism, or I did. Too fckin late now.

So again claiming that she was responsible for globalization, or are you going to come up with some fantasy where thatcher physically shut down the factories, that they only closed because of her?

See my first answer. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And what you got is what you got, the government didnt create cotton weaving, mining, car manufacturing, steelworks, computers, the internet, banking, shipping etc.

So why is it the governments fault for not creating some new industry to directly replace X.

In my humble opinion it's a governments job to create conditions conducive to the welfare of all of it's citizens not just the privileged. Hamstringing the working class so that the rich can ride rough shod over them doesn't cut it for me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In my humble opinion it's a governments job to create conditions conducive to the welfare of all of it's citizens

Well we currently have a welfare system that eats up every single penny of income tax.
What more do you want?

No, I did not, she enabled it by crippling the working classes ability to stand against it in any coordinated fashion. Whether they would have been successful or not is beside the point btw.

Oh I see, globalization wasn't killing the mines already and wasn't an issue before she "destroyed" the unions, no point talking to someone who lives in an alternative reality.

I want protectionism

Well the other 80% or so of the population didn't, not even most of the left did, but y'know, blame thatcher.

Hamstringing the working class so that the rich can ride rough shod over them doesn't cut it for me

Do you think she was wrong to ban public votes for strikes, rather than insisting on secret ballots where people could not be intimidated?

Do you think she was wrong to ban ambulance people from striking in sympathy for miners?

Because other than that, the unions simply shrunk away because their members did, and that was down to globalization.

Well we currently have a welfare system that eats up every single penny of income tax.
What more do you want?

I'd prefer it if the people on welfare had the possibility of getting work so that they could become contributors not recipients. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What more do you want?

I'd prefer it if the people on welfare had the possibility of getting work so that they could become contributors not recipients. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So why don't the people on welfare start their own businesses and be self employed?

Sponsored Links
Back