ASHP - hot water temperature?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new ASHP which is working well but the hot water is VERY hot!

The installer says it should normally be set to 55° but as I live alone said he would put it at 50° to save some money. Could I reduce it to 45° without causing any issues?

It's MUCH hotter than the old combi boiler and actually scolds :(

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
ASHPs normally heat to 45-50 then the immersion heater kicks in once a week to heat the cylinder to 60, which kills any bacteria that might be forming. Check the immersion heater hasn't been left permanently on

Cheers muggles. Interestingly right now it's at 58° and still seems to be heating?

How can I check the immersion heater isn't permanently on?

IMG_4399.jpg

Your immersion heater might be switched by the heat pump control or it might be switched separately, you need to find out which. Follow the cable back from the immersion heater or better, ring the installer or his electrician.

If the immersion heater is controlled by the heat pump unlock the screen, highlight the right half of the display with the right arrow button to see the target temperature. If it is 60 use the down arrow to reduce the temperature to 50 then press the centre OK.

In use the actual temperature is shown on the display and the target is shown when you highlight that side.

Again, only if the immersion is controlled via the heat pump, press menu, top left, scroll down to DHW and enter, choose disinfect option and see when and how it's set. Often it's set for midnight one day of the week. You can change this if needs be. So disinfect should be ON but time date restricted.

If the immersion heater is switched independently you should have a separate time program for it, check the settings.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both - will check back with the electrician/plumber and see what they say. Does sound like the immersion is on permanently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back