Ashya King update

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
His attending doctor, radiation oncologist Dr Barbora Ondrova, said: 'There is a 70 to 80 per cent survival rate for the condition such as Ashya has - and there is now every reason to hope that he will make a full recovery.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rents-removed-NHS-hospital.html#ixzz3DOOU9LTh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

THe NHS would have turned him in to a cabbage with radio therapy near his brain, the doctors may not have threatened the parents when they mentioned him being made a ward of court but when the hospital spokesman was asked a tricky question wow how he couldnt get his words out and stumbled as to what to say.

Ashya Kings parents I salute you !

Sponsored Links
There is absolutely no proof that radio therapy would have damaged his brain, this is the standard medical treatment for this type of cancer.

There is a possibility that Proton Therapy treatment may not have the same power as convential treatment in the Long Term and the parents will have to rethink Radio Therapy treatment.

Isn't it ironic that so many here decry eastern european 'immigrants' to the UK, and yet the best hope for this child is at an eastern european medical facility...

It makes you wonder which is the backward country ;)

Isn't it ironic that so many here decry eastern european 'immigrants' to the UK, and yet the best hope for this child is at an eastern european medical facility...

I've got a bottle of 25 yr old single malt in the cupboard - doesn't make my house have any more bedrooms, or my holidays more frequent and exclusive.....

Sponsored Links

I've got a bottle of 25 yr old single malt in the cupboard - doesn't make my house have any more bedrooms, or my holidays more frequent and exclusive.....
I stand corrected...

I should have also added 'and who has the backward attitude'

Thank you for pointing that out so perfectly ;)

Radiotherapy is nasty stuff. Too much of a blunt instrument that damages a lot of surrounding healthy tissue. The cutting edge treatments are something like Proton or Cyberknife, but more likely to be available in EU and USA. We don't have any in the NHS, but at least we spend billions on foreign aid.

Avoid radiotherapy if you ever need cancer treatment and there is a better choice available.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

We're sending the money to your lot in foreign aid, so less cash available for decent medical kit here. Can't please you, can we? :LOL:

And the Czech Republic is central Europe, not eastern.

We're sending the money to your lot in foreign aid, so less cash available for decent medical kit here. Can't please you, can we? :LOL:
Not much 'aid' trickles down to the south coast of england I'm afraid :LOL:

And by the way your geography is quite ignorant, but if you want to be pedantic the czech republic is East Central Europe... :rolleyes:

This where you don't quite get it Ellal. It's not that 'so many of us here' dislike Eastern Europeans or anyone else, it's just that THE UK IS FULL!

One of our cats had a growth on the brain, he went to Cambridge for three weeks, had radiation therapy costing the insurance £5k BUT he was never the same cat, I hope with this treatment that the little boy makes a full recovery.

This where you don't quite get it Ellal. It's not that 'so many of us here' dislike Eastern Europeans or anyone else, it's just that THE UK IS FULL!
Oh I get it alright...

People are happy to take the benefits that immigration brings, and yet when that cyclical event called a major recession occurs it's the immigrants that are always to blame...

How many times have we been there?

We were 'full' when the West Indians came, we were 'full' when the Asians came, and now we are 'full' when the Eastern Europeans come...

Look around you - the world has too many people 'full stop', and our population is growing slower than most other countries (152nd out of 233 in 2013)...

Anyway we might be about to see a major population decline if the Scots have any sense ;)

Sponsored Links
Back