assessment and testing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok, ive got my dis assessment due in the next few weeks, and i have a couple of questions. hopefully you lads can help me out.

1. when testing the rcd for trip times, etc. is it best to test the rcd at the consumer unit. ie, remove the cover and probe directly, or via the plug in lead supplied with the test equipment. ive carried out this test at home and have came up with slightly different figures. presumably because of extra resistance of the wiring.

2. when carrying out R1 + R2 tests at socket outlets, is it best to probe the back of the socket, or again use the plug in lead, as this will take into consideration any resistance within the socket outlet.

all the best, bondy.

ps. one other question. will the assessor expect to see copies of all eic's and minors for "all" previous jobs carried out on the assessment day.

Sponsored Links
q1 test the rcd at the most convenient skt for resetting the rcd
q2 don't understand how you are doing r1
+r2. you need to either add the continuity readings for phase and cpc then divide by 4 or cross connect the p & e and measure at each outlet, a slightly higher reading being a spur. you record the highest reading. The first method doesn't allow for spurs but in reality this doesn't really matter(unless a really long spur) especially as you DO don't you? have rcd protection on the skts!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back