Assignment Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a student, who has been given an assignment to a do a take off on dimension paper for a Hipped roof, can anybody help.
This includes a take-off of all Carpentry, Insulation, Metalwork, Leadwork, Roof Coverings and Rainwater Goods, in accordance with SMM7, along with side calcs including Waste, and sketches.

Sponsored Links
Help in what way .... do the take off for you?

If you have the plans it is not difficult. Just remember that you can't measure the rafter lengths on plan , you need to measure them on section view or via Pythagoras.

If the drawings are not that clear, you have to think about how the roof will be constructed - valleys (valley boards), posts, purlins, noggins, ridge system (dry or mortar), gutter lengths (clips, joints, outlets) etc

Then write it out with the correct columns and SMM7 headings

Appreciate the help mate, do you have an E-Mail that i can send a copy of the elevations and specification for further assisstance?

Would be appreciated.

woody yep he defo wants you to do it for him, :LOL:

i think my friend you need to spend a bit of time on the internet doing some research.
cor iirc didnt they have books in the old days?

Sponsored Links
I've been given a specification to follow, I'm having difficulty applying it onto Dimension Paper.

My email should be in my profile.

I'll have a look, but you'll need to state what you don't understand as I wont be doing all of it for you :eek:

No sign of it in your profile mate, any chance of you posting it, so i can send you a quick E-Mail.

Thanks in advance.

You used to be able have your email on your profile but I think they (DIYnot) had some accounts being hacked or something or other and they removed the option instead of actually solving the problem as per usual! :rolleyes:

Oh yes, well It was there last time I looked about 4 years ago LOL

Anyway, I've sent you a message with my email

On a hipped roof, how do you work out the amount of restraining straps can anybody help?!

Can someone explain how to calculate waste on a hipped roof?

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back