Assistance required....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all ,

Im in need of some assistance,im currently on a gas course and need a work placement offer to build my portlolio prior to taking the ACS exams. im located in st16 stafford , staffs. i have 14 yrs building experience inc plumbing and C/H installs. my own tools and transport.
Im no stranger to hard work , punctual ,and honest.

i currently have my City & Guilds 2 certificate in domestic natural gas :
Installation and maintenance

Water regs

essential electrics

part l

id be most grateful if someone can help.cheers :D

Sponsored Links
Best way to find this is to make a list of local companies, find out who takes the decision on this kind of thing, and then go and talk to the man. Don't make an appointment, just go at a time he is likely to be there, with your toolbox in the boot.
Not that many people will say no to a man who is physically there and ready to go.

Contact T.glazer, he would love an apprentice, be sure to tell him you would like to work for yourself in the near future..
:D

Sorry agile, I couldn't resist

There are 7 million unemployed.

400 applying for one job at McDonalds.

Why should any employer take on this fellow during a recession?

Sponsored Links
There are 7 million unemployed.
The official figure for people not employed ( not to be confused with the government's much more flattering number for un employed was just short of 9 million. Add to that the number of people working part time because they can not find a full time job, the “long term sick”, the disabled ( of which according to recent evaluations about 70% would be able to work ) and the “ early retired”, and you end up somewhere around 12 million people out of work in January 2011.

Source: Office for National Statistics details for q4 2010

From what I see only about 7 M are claiming unemployment pay and potentially looking for work.

Tony

Employment rate70 per cent, at 29 million, which means 30% or ~ 12.5 million are not working.
Lots of people that do not work do not claim benefits either because they don't find it worth the hassle, or they know they won't get any or because they are ashamed to do so.

If you or I had to pack up tomorrow because the business does not earn above minimum wage levels, we would not get a penny for instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back